What is EVA Emergency?
EVA Emergency is a software application which shares urgent information with site occupants and assists in emergency coordination and exercises. See our features page for more information.
How does EVA Emergency work?
EVA Emergency uses workers’ smartphones to notify them of site emergencies, provide them with real-time information (text and visual) and share worker’s location with emergency coordinators for assistance.
What about privacy?
What do I need to use EVA Emergency in my workplace?
You need a computer with internet access for initial company and site setup. Employees, contractors and visitors need their personal smartphones with GPS and internet access enabled (no additional hardware required.)
Where can EVA Emergency work?
Anywhere with mobile and GPS reception.
Do I need to keep an up-to-date register of site occupants?
It depends on whether your site has emergency sirens / alarms / PA system or not. If it does, using Public Mode all site occupants can get alerted without being registered and then they can gain access to site emergency information by launching the app. Emergency wardens need to be registered in any case (to describe and trigger the alarm.)
What types of businesses can benefit from EVA Emergency?
Typically businesses located in a large and open sites. From schools to farms, building sites, cemeteries, wineries, water treatment plants, university campuses, quarries, golf courses, train stations, racecourses, hospitals, etc.
What types of emergencies can EVA Emergency handle?
We have incorporated four standard emergency icons (fire, security threat, toxic spill and medical emergency) plus a general warning icon and no-go zones. Combining these in a map of your premises and making use of a text field wardens can describe the emergency and give directions to site occupants on what to do.
How much does EVA Emergency cost?
The first 30 days are free so you can test it and see if it is useful for your team and at your workplace. After that you’ll have to pay a monthly subscription fee. The cost will be charged in your local currency and won’t be affected by changes in the exchange rates.
Can EVA Emergency substitute other emergency tools?
EVA Emergency is a tool intended to be used primarily as a complement to other emergency management systems and ideal for for conducting emergency drills and evacuation exercises. Due to the nature of the mobile technology it is not advisable to exclusively rely upon the application in case of real emergencies.
EVA Emergency has features that conventional systems don’t offer such as geo-location of site users, real-time alarm updates through a map interface and management of unregistered users.
We recommend you read our Terms and Conditions to understand how EVA Emergency works.
Why do I need EVA Emergency?
Every site is different and you may actually not need it. However there could be a number of situations that are applicable to your site.
We have called these the ‘what-ifs’ (inspired by learning from emergencies):
- What if a contractor doesn’t know how to report an emergency?
- What if you have a fire close to an assembly point?
- What if the wind is directing a toxic gas, fume or smoke to an assembly point?
- What if your contractors do not understand the emergency message broadcast via the PA system?
- What if a worker cannot hear well?
- What if the hazard is moving?
- What if the incident affects the availability of your PA system?
- What if a contractor is not familiar with the evacuation points?
- What if a contractor is not familiar with the name of the area where the incident occurred?
- What if the incident has the potential to cross your site boundary and affect other businesses?
- What if after conducting a roll call you are missing a person and you don’t know where he / she is?
- What if the person referred to above is unconscious?
In the end…